Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 12 tháng 6, 2009


Number 539


Powell's Bad Bad Girls


Last Friday I showed you the original art from two stories by Bob Powell of good girls who are tempted into being bad. Here are two stories about girls who are just bad. Witches. And I don't mean that euphemistically.

"Cavern of the Doomed," from Tomb Of Terror #3, 1952, is a tale of a witch who gets her comeuppance. If I'd seen this story and its vision of Hell when I was a kid it might have straightened me out.

"The Spell of the Black Gloves" is a tale that shows us that genes mean a lot. With her ancestor a witch, impoverished Abegail has no choice but revenge and evil. It's from, appropriately enough, Witches Tales #5, 1951.

Both of these stories are courtesy of Heritage Auctions, where I ::evil cackle:: swiped 'em.
















{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét