Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 7, 2009


Number 562



More Dennis by Wiseman


Here are some more selections from Dennis the Menace comic books by Hank Ketcham assistant and superb all-around cartoonist, Al Wiseman.

The Dennis story from Dennis #39, November 1959, is in a style Wiseman and writer Fred Toole did so well, Dennis in a fantasy historical situation shown from his childish point of view; in this case, with "Dan'l Spoon." I'm uncomfortable with Dennis' line, "I thought only dead Indians was good Indians." This is from a Code-approved book? Unfortunately, it is also from 1959, when that type of humor was acceptable, even under the Comics Code.

As a bonus I'm also including two non-Dennis stories by Wiseman. The Punky story, from Dennis #24, is dedicated to my friend, Steve Banes, aka Karswell, who is also known as rocker, Punky, from the band, Sons of Black Mass. Here's a picture of that Punky, taken a few years ago. If you want to know more about Steve "Punky Karswell" Banes, read this interesting interview with him.

The final story is a Grampa story from Dennis #39...and dear to my heart. I'm not only a pappy, I'm a grandpappy, too.
















{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét