Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 2 tháng 10, 2009


Number 603


Starr of the comics


I love these psychiatric stories. It's not known much outside my family, but I've been under the care of a shrink for so long my head is now the size of a golf ball. Here in the Happy Hours Home the staff let me flail away at a keyboard, allowing me to do this blog. It distracts me, keeps me from becoming dangerous. Nights of the full moon are especially bad. Must...keep...busy...arrrrgh.

Crime Clinic was a Ziff-Davis comic that starred a psychiatrist. In this issue, #10, July-August 1951, Dr. Tom Rogers analyzes one of the most famous American gangland killers, Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll. It's drawn by Leonard Starr, who had a sterling career not only in comic books, but moved on to syndicated comic strips, Mary Perkins On Stage, and even revived Little Orphan Annie in the late '70s. Starr had an excellent and slick illustration style, and it shows in this tale of a machine-gunning madman.

If you'll excuse me, it's time for lunch. Doctor said if I promise not to shoot it back out my nose he'll let me have some chocolate pudding for dessert.







{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét