Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Hai, 8 tháng 3, 2010



Number 697



The Castle of Nonsenso


In preparation for this post I read the short novel, The Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole, first published in 1768. The things I do for you readers! The suffering I do...egad. I fall to my knees and weep for my personal sacrifices.

OK, OK...so I exaggerate. It wasn't all that bad.

Anyway, this 7-page adaptation of the famous "first" Gothic novel is from Adventures Into the Unknown #1, from 1948. The script was written by Frank Belknap Long, known amongst us cognoscenti for his contributions to Weird Tales and his friendship with H. P. Lovecraft. Long wrote the first two issues of AITU, but I don't know what else he wrote for the comics. If he was like some other writers, he wrote for the comics in a sub-rosa fashion, without announcing it as such.

According to the Grand Comics Database it's drawn by Al Ulmer.









{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét