Your Smartphone & Too Busy Thinking About My Comics

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 2, 2011


I must admit, I still find it astonishing that anyone ever reads this blog at all, but since even a slow week brings in two-and-a-half thousand folks over this way to visit, it strikes me that I ought to start thinking about how to make the experience of doing so as comfortable as possible. Even more astonishing to a scardy ol'Luddite like myself is the realisation that some good people really do dip into TooBusyThinkingAboutMyComics on a strange new Star-Trek like gadget called a "Smartphone". Now, I'm not being disingenuous when I say that I've got no idea what a Smartphone is, except that blogs can be read on it and, presumably, phonecalls and the like indulged in too. And so, thanks to Martin Grey of the estimable Too Dangerous For A Girl blog, who's been kind enough to fill me in on the (very) broad detail of such matters while nudging me towards becoming a (very) late adopter, I thought I might just say that this blog has now been formatted for a smoother, more comfortable read on a Smartphone. I've posted the screenshots Martin was kind enough to send in order to convince me that this was all a good idea, and, as always, he's right and it is. My apologies are therefore owed to you should you have ever tried to pop in for a second to this blog while on the move and found that it was off-puttingly uncomfortable to read. 

Or, to quote Martin himself when he did this very thing back in December, you can now read this blog "in a lovely mobile phone-friendly format. The home screen offers snippets, leading to the full blether. It seems easier to comment than previously, too ... While there's no official app, simply call up in your phone browser, hit "add to home screen" and there you go!"

And should you ever read a piece on here when you're killing time on the train or while waiting for a passport stamp, I'd love to know. Because I still find it remarkable to think that good women and men, honest and true, amble over this way every once in a while for a minute or two, let alone that they might do so when they're out there, in the real world. (!)

                                            

{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét