Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 26 tháng 8, 2011



Number 1006





The Saint and Stumbo





The online copy of Avon's The Saint #5 has an index card identifying various artists who worked on this 1949 Avon comic.





The Grand Comics Database doesn't reflect this information.



If I had not read the I.D. of the artist of "The Saint Breaks A Spell," I would never have guessed it, even though it's a name well known to me. Warren Kremer was Harvey Comics' chief artist for decades, drawing all of the Harvey characters, most notably Casper, Richie Rich, and one of my favorites, Stumbo the Giant. The card tells us that Kremer did two strips in this issue of The Saint. I'm including a Stumbo story from Hot Stuff #17, 1959, to show you that a decade made a lot of difference in that artist's career.



The Saint splash panel provides us yet another example of the Jeepers Girl, who I have featured before. See Pappy's #727 and Pappy's #911, and Pappy's #788, which links to another blogger who has found more examples.























{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét