Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Hai, 17 tháng 10, 2011


Number 1036


The singing cowbunny


My friend, Eddie, has asked me a couple of times if I remember a Golden Age rabbit cowboy. Eddie, I believe the character you remember is "Red" Rabbit, who starred in his own comic book from 1947 to 1951.

"Red" Rabbit Comics was published by Dearfield Publishing Company of Chicago. According to the Grand Comics Database this publisher had a total of 44 issues of five different titles, and "Red" Rabbit accounted for half their output, with 22 issues. Since #5 is the only issue I've seen I can't say if animator and comic book artist Harvey Eisenberg created the look of the character, but he drew the contents of #5 (the GCD is sparse on information relating to this title). Eisenberg went on to draw Tom and Jerry, among other features in a prolific career with Dell Comics.

I've featured Eisenberg's work before, in Pappy's #397 and Pappy's #494.












{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét