Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 2, 2012


Number 1110


My Mummy done tole me...


For some reason, despite her exotic beauty (supplied by the one-and-only Bill Everett), Namora didn't last for long. Why is that? It had something to do with timing, probably. About the time Namora was coming in many of the male superheroes of the Timely/Marvel/Atlas comics line, including her cousin Namor, the Sub-Mariner, were going on hiatus. We have a few Namora stories to choose from, anyway, so I've chosen "Doom In the Desert" from Namora #2, 1948 to show.

It's a mummy story, and any good Pappy loves a good mummy. I'm including an adaptation of "The Mummy's Hand" from 1965's Monster World #2. That magazine was a companion to Warren's Famous Monsters Of Filmland, also edited by Forrest J. Ackerman. There's an ad in this issue for Creepy #1, and I bought both of them from the newsstand.

I think the movie version of The Mummy's Hand needs more mummy and less comedy, but I believe adapter Russ Jones caught the essence of the film in just seven comic book pages. The story is drawn by Jones, the first Creepy editor, along with EC regular and later DC horror comics editor, Joe Orlando.

















{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét