Number 1189: Herbie and the Purloined Pops

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 7, 2012

It seems fitting to follow up yesterday's Dynamo UFO posting with a Herbie story. They were both comics I instantly grabbed when I spotted them on the comic book spinner at my local pharmacy. Every comic fan has that moment, when they spot a new issue of their favorite. In 1964 I was routinely picking up the latest Marvel Comics and anything else that looked interesting (a new Carl Barks was always nice, too), but there had already been one issue of Herbie and I was overjoyed to find yet another. A new issue of Herbie was a welcome distraction from the personal turbulence in my life. If only my problems had been as simple as tracking down and finding my favorite lollipop!

From Herbie #2 (1964):













Jeff Overturf has posted a lot more stories from Herbie on his blog, Inside Jeff Overturf's Head. Use the search engine in the upper left corner of the blog and you will be led to more joy than you can handle.

{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét