Number 1230: Gonna yo-ho-ho once mo’

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Tư, 19 tháng 9, 2012

It's Talk Like a Pirate Day, and usually I post a tale of the Jolly Roger on this date. I missed it last year, but made up for it in other ways. So far this year I've posted at least a couple of stories of the boundin' main.

But I reserved today for the Hawk, a series from Jumbo Comics, which has a bounty of piratical patois in the speech: “Cast an eye at th’ bilge rat kickin' yonder! Fair winds fer yer last voyage, Captain Hawk!” “Ye devils! If ye've killed ‘im I’ll...’ “Cap'n Claw...Cap'n Claw! Avast! Lashed on to me sword th’ wench ‘as!’ And that's just the dialogue in one panel. The whole story is like that.

That's a Fiction House comic book, though, mateys. That and a comely wench, this'n in short-shorts (Arrrrrrrrh!) and of course the saucy lass be tied up. I knew that splash panel’d have ye clutchin’ ’ard at yer belayin' pin, eh, me bucko? Kinky, yarr.

(All right, and that will be all the pirate talk I'll be talking today.)

Enjoy this saltwater saga, drawn by Robert Webb, from Jumbo Comics #102 (1947):









{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét