Number 1381: Cat and mouse

Người đăng: Unknown on Chủ Nhật, 9 tháng 6, 2013

Comics helped me learn to read before I went to school. I don’t remember reading these two stories specifically, but they’re the kinds of comics my mom would help me with, picking out words and learning sentences. That was two-edged, though...by the time I got to school and was handed a copy of a Dick and Jane reader, compared to my comic books it was pallid and uninteresting.

These two stories are exactly the sort of thing I loved, with funny drawings and rocketships and a sense of wonder at what was going on in those colorful panels. Since I have never lost touch with that kid I was (the “inner child”) I still love this sort of thing. Or, it could be I’m going through my second childhood. Or seventh...or tenth.

From Felix the Cat #16 (1950); art and story by Otto Messmer:

















From Coo Coo Comics #45 (1949), art by Milton Stein:











More Milt Stein and more Felix. Click on the pictures:





{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét