Number 1454: Louie, Louie

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Hai, 14 tháng 10, 2013

Halloween will be upon us in a couple of weeks, and in an attempt to get in the spirit of the occasion I have two stories from Ace Comics’ Web of Mystery, both by Lou Cameron.

By way of explanation, Weird Romance #1 was a one-shot with public domain reprints, published by Eclipse Comics in 1988. Weird Romance had two stories by Lou Cameron from Ace Comics’ Web of Mystery, both from 1954. “One Door From Disaster” from WOM #27, and “Lair of the Silken Doom” from #25.

I’m showing “One Door” in blackline from Weird Romance because I don’t have it in its original color form. In the Eclipse reprint letterer Kurt Hathaway replaced the Leroy lettering of the first printing with hand lettering. “Lair of the Silken Worm” I’m able to show from its four color printing.















Another giant spider attack! I found this cover online, and don’t have a date for it, but I’ll bet whenever it was published it kept many a youngster awake and shivering at night after the lights went out.


{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét