Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Tư, 11 tháng 2, 2009


Number 469



Girl Of the Moonpool


If I were a headshrinker--instead of someone who needs his own head shrunk--I'd have some things to say about "Girl Of the Moonpool," from Harvey Comics' Chamber of Chills #11, August 1952. I'd say something about sex, obsession, and diving in, literally, to a relationship. But, I'm not a shrink so forget I said anything.

This is a gorgeous piece of work by Bob Powell, probably inked by Howard Nostrand. This is the original art, which I culled from an Internet site a few years ago. Powell added the blue wash to indicate to the colorist where he wanted emphasis in the colors. I love the artwork in this story so much I printed it off, and bring it out to look at once in a while, just to see how good Powell could be.






{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét