Open Letter to Newsarama

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 13 tháng 2, 2009

Dear Newsarama,

Thank you for being one of my favorite comics news sites over almost the past ten years, from the ViewAskew days and the blue layout to the present. I've enjoyed features and columns too numerous to count, though most recently I've liked the 20 Questions with Dan DiDio and the Blog@Newsarama.

One request: fewer videos. Maybe it's just because of the recent New York Comic Con, but it seems there's more videos on the site than usually lately. The Adam Kubert interview about Batman and the Outsiders is a video; the update from Greg Rucka is a video; the latest conversations with Dan DiDio were also videos.

I understand that being in person with these creators in New York gives a unique chance for one-on-one conversation, but for me, it means less reading of Newsarama. I'm most often reading Newsarama articles as a break from other things or in between one task and another; the time it takes for a video to load along with the requisite sound makes this impossible. I'm excited to see an interesting headline on Newsarama, only to have to close the window when I see it's a video.

Consider, please, we video-impaired. Perhaps transcripts of your video interviews could go along with the videos, or text excerpts from the videos could be offered later on. Give those of us reading a chance to join in, along with those of us watching.

Sincerely,

Collected Editions blog
http://collectededitions.blogspot.com

{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét