Người đăng: Unknown on Chủ Nhật, 5 tháng 4, 2009



Number 500



Abbott and Costello Meet the Martians


I'm celebrating Pappy's #500 with an oddball comic to show you: Abbott and Costello #21, from 1953, published by St. John.

You won't find the familiar A & C vaudeville routine, "Who's On First" in here. What passes for jokes are puns. Lou gets all the laughs, too, as Bud plays straight man, just like he did in real life.

I would have posted this a long time ago but I can't find the issue of Comics Journal that featured Golden Age artist Lily Renée. There was a part in the article I remember that confirmed to me that she had drawn Abbott and Costello, but since I can't find that magazine in my collection* all I can do is say I think that Lily Renée was the artist on this strip. The layouts and the pretty girl look a lot like the work she did for Fiction House. If anyone can confirm this or has a different idea please let me know.

*I will eventually find this Comics Journal, but Pappy's Law states: "You will find the thing that proves your point long after your point is moot."
























{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét