Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Tư, 16 tháng 9, 2009


Number 594


Yet another blonde jungle goddess...


Once I wrote a list for this blog--and don't ask me to look for it because I can't remember where it is--of the names of comic books' white jungle girls. Wherever that list is, add Zegra. I hadn't heard of Zegra before seeing the one-and-only issue of Feature Stories Magazine, dated August, 1950.

Zegra is yet another in a long line of white chicks kicking jungle butt, animal or man. I give some credit to whoever thought up the name. Zegra's costume is striped, perhaps because her name looks like "zebra."

I mentioned once all these jungle girls should get together, maybe for tea, but then I thought the protocol would be baffling. We have jungle queens, princesses, and Zegra is "empress." Wow. With all the royalty I'd hate to have to work out the seating chart.

The story, illustrated by Jack Kamen, looks to have come from the Jerry Iger shop. Jack went on to EC Comics, where he was given more of the domestic-style stories, set in suburbia. But he came from the wild and wooly school of Fiction House and Fox via Iger, and drew some sexy and memorable stories before he went to EC.











{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét