Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 9, 2009


Number 599


Vampire World!


Who's Cresto? I looked at the fount of inexhaustible knowledge, the Grand Comics Database, and they list Cresto as the artist for this story from DC Comics' Strange Adventures #6, March 1951. In all my decades of looking at old comics it's the first time I've ever come across that name, so maybe someone out there can tell me who Cresto is. Whoever he is, "Vampire World" is a very well-drawn strip, with some real dramatic panels.

I like early issues of Strange Adventures because writers are credited. Writers never got to sign their stories. It seems natural, since Strange Adventures editor Julius Schwartz was a literary agent for several science fiction writers when he began his career. Manny Rubin is credited with the story.

And who's Manny Rubin? He's quite accomplished and you can find information on him here.








{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét