Number 1207: Scooby-Doo's Grandpa Boris

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 10 tháng 8, 2012


Looking at this funny story from The Kilroys #28 (1950) I was struck by Solid Jackson's dog, Boris. He looks like Scooby-Doo to me, drawn almost twenty years before Scooby-Doo made his debut in 1969. Wickersham, who sometimes signed his name Wick, was a moonlighting animator who drew their teenage comic, The Kilroys, which had a nice run from 1947 to 1955. I've shown a couple of Kilroys stories at various times, including New Year's Day of this year, in Pappy's #1080 and a couple of music-themed stories in Pappy's #831.

Wickersham, born in 1911, worked for most of the major animation studios. I'm a comic book fan, so I don't know a lot about animation, but I do know comic books. To me it's enough that he did such a wonderful job for years on this funny comic. Wickersham died in 1962 at the age of fifty.











{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét