Number 1211: Witches Kill At Daylight

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 17 tháng 8, 2012

Joe Kubert, who recently died,was born September 18, 1926. He drew this story when he was 17-years-old. I asked this question before of another story Joe drew in his teens: "What were you doing when you were that age?" Unlike Joe, I was more interested in my social life than developing a craft that would serve me all the rest of my working life.

Joe was mentored by top professionals and became a top professional who mentored. Here's a well-illustrated article from the L.A. Times about Kubert's career.

I have shown this story before, and it's another of my re-scans and re-presentations. This time I'm including scans from Heritage Auctions I found of four of the six pages of "Witches Kill At Daylight."

There's not a lot more I can add to the tributes that have poured in from fans worldwide since Joe's death. All I can do is show his work, and that speaks volumes of how great he was.

From Harvey Comics' All New Comics #10 (1944):











{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét