Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 12, 2009



Number 646



The human bomb of Big Town!


Dan and Seymour (Sy) Barry were widely influential comic artists in the late 1940s-1950s. The Barry brothers went on to syndicated strips, Dan with Tarzan and then Flash Gordon, Sy with The Phantom.

Even though the only signature is Dan's, according the Grand Comics Database Sy inked over Dan's pencils on "The Human Bomb!" for Big Town #2 in 1951. DC's Big Town was the comic book version of a popular radio and TV show about a crusading newspaperman, Steve Wilson.

I admire the Barry brothers. I believe Dan admired himself a lot, too. Here's a 1958 photo of him in a Speedo.


I've seen a lot of comic books and a lot of splash panels, but this Big Town splash stands out. I can visualize the original framed and on my wall. Now you guys know what I want for Christmas! Ha!













{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét