Người đăng: Unknown on Chủ Nhật, 13 tháng 12, 2009


Number 648


Top of the world, Ma!


If you hear a lone bass voice singing "The Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's Messiah it's me, but not because of Christmas. It's because I found a disk with scans of some of my old comics. In 1999 I started selling on eBay, and before I'd sell a comic I thought was any good I'd scan it. I thought the disk was lost.

First up from Pappy's eBay scans is a story from Simon and Kirby's Boy Commandos #21, 1947. Boy Commandos were a group of boys, with an adult male, Rip Carter, who did their share of fighting during World War II. After the war the comic was published until 1949. Boy Commandos were also a backup feature in Detective Comics.

The story takes place in an era before the 1953 conquest of Mt. Everest. According to the Grand Comics Database it's pencilled by Jack Kirby, and may have been inked by Steve Brodie.














{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét