Number 1545: “Invitation to Surrender!”

Người đăng: Unknown on Thứ Sáu, 21 tháng 3, 2014

Surrender. A word in the language of love that means giving up and giving in to intimacy and passion. No woman I’ve ever known would use the word in such a context, but Alice Hughes, dewy-eyed and romantic, insists that the man she will eventually surrender herself to sweep her off her feet, and bring her “to surrender by the slow fire of mounting passion.” That sounds like a lot of work. When I was a young guy and in active pursuit of what young guys are usually in active pursuit of I would have thought that lighting a “slow fire” was too slow a way to get to the passion part. But then, I might have had more luck if I’d considered Alice’s point of view. At this age I have to learn what I should’ve known then by reading a 64-year-old love comic.

From Love Letters #3 (1950), artist(s) not known:









{ 0 nhận xét... read them below or add one }

Đăng nhận xét